Friday, February 27, 2015

Flashback Friday Princess Sofia Costume

The Halloween that my niece was two she was absolutely in love with Princess Sofia.  I was thrilled to stumble across the Melly Sews Inspired by Princess Sofia the First – Dress Tutorial.  I knew that Ladybug would be happy with any purple twirly dress, but having the stencils for the design on Princess Sofia's dress helped grownups to know who she was.  I made a peasant style bodice with an attached circle skirt out of knit fabrics.  I wanted to be sure it would be comfortable and stand up to lots of play. 
She was still playing with it in the summer, so I think it passed the durability test!

Linked up at Tatertots and Jello

2 comments:

  1. Did you make the cape, too? It's so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I did make the cape as well. I made it from some crushed velvet that I had been stashing for far too long. It helped to hide the long sleeves that cool weather trick-or-treating require. Thanks!

      Delete