Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Kid’s Clothes Week Project One Paris Dress

I am excited that Kid's Clothes Week is here! kid's clothes week

I managed to do some planning and cutting last week so hopefully I will have a productive week! 

The day that the traveling theme was announced I was shopping in Jo-Ann and came across this fun
Eiffel Tower fabric.  I thought it would make a fun dress for Miss Ladybug.  It matched the theme so nicely that I couldn't leave it behind.  I whipped up a quick Butterick 5776.  To make sure that it would be short enough to be a good play dress for Ladybug I cut the size five but shortened it to the size three dress length.  I didn't add the elastic to the sleeves because I love flutter sleeve look I get when I leave the elastic out. While I love the fabric the dress was a bit plain without any embellishment so I opted to finish the hem with some pink bias tape. 

Hopefully the sun will come out later in the week so I can get some better pictures! Ladybug's mom likes this style of dress for play.  Anybody have any other ideas of dresses that are nice for the active preschool set? 

1 comment:

  1. Cute dress! I thought about getting the Eiffel Tower fabric for KCW too, since Paris is our dream travel destination. In the end I did not, but looking at your dress makes me want to go get the fabric again ;)

    ReplyDelete