Friday, March 27, 2015

If you sew for it the weather will come

We have had record breaking cold this winter.  Seem has been seeming to take its sweet time showing up.  I have decided that maybe just maybe if I started sewing for spring I could help encourage it along.  I love circle skirts and have made several from knit fabrics.  This time I made one with a woven fabric from my stash.  I couldn't quite face hemming the skirt so I attached some bias tape rather than hem the skirt.  I'm glad I did.  I think the contrast at the bottom of the skirt is fun.  We have snow today clearly I need to do some more spring sewing!

2 comments:

  1. Contrast bias tape is a great idea! I usually just use rolled hem foot, but I too prefer knit so that I could skip hemming ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I usually make circle skirts from knits so I can skip hemming. I should try a rolled hem on my machine. Thanks for the suggestion!

      Delete